Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The lowdown. A.K.A. the dirty dirty

FYI: TLG stands for Teach and Learn in Georgia-it’s the government program run by the Ministry of Education and the department which employs us
.
After 5 days of intense training (we’re talking approximately 10 hours a day people), I think it’s safe to say that myself and fellow TLG’ers are bonded; we’re kind of like a band of brothers (and sistas) now. I’d like to share a little bit of info on this motley crew.

  • Simon- Saucy Simon is a British BAMF from York who loves toast, hates my jokes, is unsure about his parent’s eye color, and is emphatically polite (kind of sounds like a pitch for a dating show). The archetypal British gentleman, Simon is the ultimate master of politeness and all things good; indeed, I very much doubt that he could ever tell a lie. Glad he never wanted to be a lawyer.
  • Caitlin- Hailing from Montana, cutie cupcake pie Caitlin loves horses and singing. She also thinks, that Australians, among other things, are dangerous (if you’re reading this my down under friends, I want to give a shout out and hope that you’re keeping it real). That’s all I got.
  •   Mark- Marky Mark is a rascal and Orlandian, and most would say he’s pretty fly for a white guy. On the weekends, you can catch him kicking it old G style with his bros and hos in southern Florida. He likes to shop at Banana Republic and loves Kerouac and hipster girls.
  • The sassy Aussie Adam talks a big game. But can he back it up?! He also likes to rag on America… a lot. Here’s a beautiful picture he drew:
USA represented on the left (yep, that says NRA), New Zealand in the middle, and Australia on the right
  •  Jacob- This naughty New Zealand native also hates my jokes (as does Adam AND Simon-they just don’t get it), and looks a little bit like Michael Fassbender (in person). When asked how he feels about Americans, Jacob said, “they’re so funny in their spontaneity and are always doing silly things in the media!” Note-statement was influenced by the Antoine Dodson video.
  • Radical Rob- Mr. Rob flew to the mystical Georgia from Colorado. He rips guitar better than Hendrix and enjoys folk music, vegetarian cuisine, and mountaineering.
  •  Ashley- Disappointingly, classy Ashley has no Canadian accent. Kind of a bummer, eh? She always dresses cute and wears scarves or other delightful accessories. Girl gonna be my main competition when he have our TLG awards in the ‘best dressed’ category.
  • Greg: A Texas/California hybrid, gregarious Gregory loves big states. Watch out Alaska. He also enjoys snapping photos and being there for his pals. Previous teaching experience? Check. Old Greg taught in South Korea, which he LOVED like OMGGGG!
  • The Beast- This will take a while. More later…stay tuned!

So there you have it! Some dirt on my home dawgs. We’ll all be leaving tomorrow to go to our prospective host families so our bond will be tested. I have unwavering faith in my crazy comrades. I’ll be in a village-Dvanzbu-in the region of Guria-in the town/city of Ozurgeti, along with 4 other TLG’ers. We're going to do so many activities!!!
Sailin' away on the crest of a wave, it's like magic. Oh, rolling and riding, slipping and sliding: it’s magic. Making believe this is what you’ve conceived. I feel like Kid Cudi-
Imma tell you how in a minute,
Imma show you how I be livin' Second chances given out for some
All you gotta do is take advantage. Imma tell you how in a minute,
Imma show you how I be livin' Now I'm zonin, seein' things so vivid,
I'm a soul, nah homie, not even,
Imma zone out till I lose feeling,
Remember Imma be gone way past November,
Even stay up there, up there,
Floatin, floatin, hopin
I could find peace somewhere.


1 comment:

  1. Lady, you haven't seen anything yet. I've been dressing sloppy casual all week.

    ReplyDelete